Database backup and recovery wizard gives you the ability to configure possible database backup and restore scenarios:
1. To be able to start backup procedure you need to launch backup/restore wizard in Store Manager:
and choose the appropriate action from the proposed variant below:
2. Specify directory path to the file name for the backup or use the browse button to choose the required location.
3. Select tables you would like to backup. Most likely all tables will be checked, but you can check or uncheck any tables according to your needs.
- to run the selected filter parameter, press 'Use Preset' option;
4. You can save all shopping cart files and make exceptions if needed. Note, that you should have FTP connection established in order to download files. Also note, that it will slow-down the process.
There is also a possibility to save only database structure (tables with no data) in .sql file.
To be able to use backup settings in the next time save all configuration directly in the backup wizard or transfer it to a file:
Attention! By clicking "Backup" button you're saving the script into the file selected before.
5. In the last step you can preview the summary of the backup results:Click 'Finish' to close the wizard.
In case you have previously saved database backup, you can restore it if needed. Follow few steps to perform this:
1. Go to Tools -> Database Backup/Restore wizard and choose the required variant:
2. Specify the backup file name and path to restore from.
Use the browse button to find the backup file manually, to indicate the properly file charset choose AutoDetect variant.
You can also load your previously saved restore settings to avoid reconfiguring each time by helping with the appropriate option at the bottom of the form:
4. Force clear database before script execution allows you to clear default data from your store and to restore the backup.
Attention! By clicking "Restore" button you're restoring the script over your current database. Please note that you will not be able to undo the restore unless you've got a backup of your original database.
4. The final step shows you the restore results. Here you can see if any error occurs while execution.
The restore is completed. Click 'Finish' to close the wizard.
To make Database Backup for multiple stores simultaneously launch Database Backup/Restore Wizard:
1. Select Backup Multiple Stores position.
2. Specify any file name and directory for the backup. You will see the databases you have below. Check the ones for which you'd like to make the backup:
By clicking "Backup" button you're saving script files into the directory specified before.
3. On the next page you're able to preview backup details and check the results.
Then click “Finish” to close wizard.