Please note, before import implementation, in case you perform it at the first time, we strongly recommend to make the backup of your store database!
You can make a backup using Tools -> Database Backup/Restore wizard.
To import product tags from a file launch the wizard Import tool in Store Manager.
Find the necessary option in the top toolbar of Product Tags page or by helping with right-mouse clicking open the context menu and select the necessary command from a drop-down list:
The first step of import requires specify a file with data to import and its location.
You have an opportunity to use a file from your local drives, FTP and web server.
- if you use for importing the local file - check the first checkbox and use the browse button to open the local drive system at your computer (see an illustration above).
Selected file should be openable and readable.
- HTTP URL to file - this position means you have an access to the web-server where your data to import are.
First of all, try to open that file in your web browser by specifying the full URL path in the search box.
- FTP URL to file - this position allows to upload the data from the FTP server.
Make sure you use the properly FTP settings firstly. Go to the Preferences section of Store Manager and open the FTP settings page - press 'Test Connection' button to verify the correctness of your FTP credentials.
If you get such message as:
you can proceed with the importing from the FTP.
In case your details are not correct - contact with the hosting company to agree on the main details.
Load configuration field helps to use the previously saved import configurations during the current process. This significantly speeds up the passage of the following steps of import.
Find necessary configuration from the wizard list directly or from a file by using the browse arrow next to the 'Open Configuration' button. It calls the drop-down menu:
To delete the existing import configurations or clear the whole configuration list at once press the corresponding buttons from the current drop-down menu (see an illustration above).
In the wizard form, you can see the numbered steps of import procedure in the left - press necessary step here or use the button below which takes you to the second page (step) of import.
2. Select fields delimiter and quote characters page contains some important settings to separate data. The typical delimiters are the comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however other symbols can be used as well.
On the preview table below you can see how selected delimiter affects the data displaying.
Quote string values - specifies the character used to separate strings in the CSV file.
3. Next step - 'Fields to export' - divided into two panes - The left pane "Database Fields" shows the list of fields in your database that can receive import data. To assign .csv column to database field
you should select a field at the left and then click a column in the right pane.
Use the drop-down list to find the necessary source field:
Identification fields in import - check the necessary positions from a drop-down list. There are two identifiers: name and term taxonomy ID by which the WooCommerce import will search for a product tags.
Use the top toolbar to facilitate the linking process.
'Auto Link All' option works only in case the file columns names are the same (similar) as the store database fields.
'Unlink All' button - clear all "CSV col" values at the left pane.
To be able to auto fill/unlink the selected columns on the left side - use the corresponding buttons on the top toolbar:
To modify data which are imported - for example, combine the values of some columns - you can use the simple expression formula. open the Expression Editor form and specify the necessary formula.
Click on the 'Help' button in the top for more details on expression special SQL syntax with provided examples.
To combine (merge) columns use the CONCAT function and press the 'Insert...' option on the toolbar to select the necessary fields value.
In order to be able to check the correctness of the created formula helps the 'Execute Expression' option. You will get the result in the lower table. Press 'OK' to save expression and close the editor.
'Skip Rules' area serves to create the special conditions (rules) and data covered by them will be skipped (not imported).
To create the rule use the 'plus' sign at the bottom of the form. To remove the selected rules from a list - press the 'minus' sign below.
Fill the fields in the rules form:
- value type 1 and value type2 - the value of the rule equation which can be taken from the database or from source file or from expression formula;
- indicate the value for your rule;
- clarify the equation sign between the two parts of the rule.
In case, using the expression formula you should specify the value to which this expression will be used - you can take it from the store database or from a file’s data.
By using the ‘plus’ sign you can create as many rules as you need.
Add Custom SQL - - this option helps to open the Editor for SQL query creation. This is extended expression formula, which uses for customization your imported data, for example,
extract the certain positions from the database or group data by a certain position, etc.
Please note, you should have some SQL skills to generate the properly SQL formula. Check the documentation about 'Custom SQL' section of Store Manager for more details.
To remove the selected SQL query from a list - press the appropriate button as in the illustration below:
Check if the all necessary data are linked with the appropriate columns from a source file.
You should note, the fields that have assigned the appropriate CSV columns will be updated and all the other ones - unassigned - will not be changed after import.
If the main actions on this step are done you can go to the final page of import process - ‘Options’ .
4. There are such import methods as:
- ‘Add and Modify’ action means the new data will be added to the product tags list and will be updated (modified) the existing ones.
- 'Add Only' serves for adding the new positions without any modifications.
- 'Modify Only' variant can be checked if you need to update the existing in your database records and do not want to add the new ones.
- 'Just Add' - allows to add the products from a file as a NEW without searching or validating existing data. Be careful, this action can lead to the duplicate records at your database!
'Show/Hide advanced options' button allows to see/to hide the basic time and date separators. You can set these settings as default by using the 'Set Default' button :
Check the 'Multiple records separator' field’ . This field is used to separate a large number of records - if the data have too many columns they will be automatically transferred to the next row (line) in the file.
Attention! The import process will start, when you press "Import" button!
If all settings are made correct then continue the procedure, If you see any errors or warnings on Import Preview Step - return to the previous step and try to change settings.
The last window of WooCommerce Import Wizard displays results and errors if any emerged in the course of the import process.
Save the current configuration to be able to use it in the future - press the arrow browse button in the eponymous option in the final step of import wizard:
Choose the necessary destination - directly in the Wizard list or to a separate file.
In addition, you can delete unused configurations from a list or clear all list at once by using the following options from the drop-down menu:
Click on the 'Finish' button to exit from the wizard and check your data after importing.
6. Product Tags >